Monday, August 17, 2009

And The Bottome Line Is...

I lived in a prison of my own creation
I was the warden of my own damnation
In futile did I attempt to gain some assistance
But those around seemingly unaware of my existence

Life had it appeared to have long since turned it’s back
Or perhaps it was that I’d long since left the track
The darkness had come and hard upon me it fell
As I began my descent a life on Earth in hell

Bound in my fear, my pain and my shame
I longed for death, my life to be slain
So I did try to end the waste of my birth
Thinking greater it would be that I should return to the earth

At this time when within me I could see no good
And felt no love, nor reason anyone should
That a friend mentioned the great love of God
Renewing my reason for survival…

No comments:

Post a Comment